*This post was originally published on my initial blog on October 21, 2015. I am in the process of migrating my content from Blogger and appreciate your patience as I do so!
1. Food takes priority over a shower
Because there are days when you have five minutes and Bath & Body Works Mango body spray is the closest you’ll get to “bathing.”
2. Spanish class doubles as snack time
Yeah, ok Profe. Did you really have to call on me when I just took a big bite out of my PB&J?
3. When you forget your apartment keys, but when you return from morning practice: Your roommates are all still asleep
4. When it’s rest day but you still wake up at 7:00 a.m.
Which means you’ll most likely fall asleep before it’s dark in the evening. Whatevs.
5. Or, when you have random drug testing at 6:00 a.m. on said rest day
6. Graston on your sore muscles
I want to know what genius is making a fortune off of a metal scraping tool that makes me tear up. Kudos to you, good sir.
7. Walking around with a giant ice-pack wrapped to your hip
It is what it is. The real struggle comes when it’s time to somehow cut it loose.
8. Leg drains for dayz
Complete with a running poster and mismatched socks (see #9)
Because somehow, your hamper hasn’t been liberated from smelly clothes since you first got to campus in August. Surely there’s a bottom to that thing, right?
10. The ice tub
It’s the bane of collegiate athletes everywhere. With grit and resolve, we willingly thrust our bodies into its abyss, hoping to emerge with fresh muscles. It’s a love-hate relationship, but the ice tub make us feel hardcore and for that: We salute it!